Life starts at 50! However, this may not be true for the skin. As the collagen and elastin fibers decrease at this age, the skin begins to sag and wrinkle. This process starts in the 30s, but becomes more noticeable in the 40s and 50s. Your skin changes in composition and unfortunately, we see the proof of this wilting process everyday in the mirror. Skin has a tough task of protecting our body from the surrounding environment. The way you care for your skin in your 20s is different from how you will care for it if you are over 50s. There are measures you can take throughout your life to make sure your skin stays healthy and youthful for those nearing 50 and over. There are also different types of skin care products and makeup that you should use as you get older too especially if you want to look great. Many women are turning to red light therapy to help them maintain and improve their aging skin Here are 7 top skin care tips to help you:
- Sleep. Sleeping 8 hours each day is the best and cheapest beauty regimen. Sleeping is rejuvenates the body and spirit. Other than “repairing” your skin cells, a good sleep gives way to a
- cheerful disposition and avoids those frowns which contribute to wrinkles and looking old. Power naps will also serve you well.
- Water. As you get older your skin gets drier and wrinkly and plenty of water keeps it hydrated. It will also unclog your pores and flushes out toxins – making your skin look healthy and brighter.
- Moisturizers. Daily moisturizers help in keeping your skin elastic and minimize those unpleasant wrinkles. Remember to give importance to areas around the eyes and neck. It is best to use a good night cream, applied after cleansing and toning, to promote regeneration.
- Shade. Avoid sun and pollution. If these are inevitable because of your daily routine, minimize exposure by wearing sunglasses, hats and sunscreens.
- Vitamins. Take Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant that can reduce the signs of aging.
- Make up. Find the right make up for your skin. Know how to use make up tones and shades. Using heavy makeup and powders does not compliment dry skin. Heavily powdered skin will make your skin look matte and taut. Keep in mind to use make up with a sunscreen added during the summer.
- Smile. Beauty starts from the inside and will flow outward. You have many things to be thankful and proud so lead your life over 50 happily and wear it on your face every day.
There are those who as they get older they get more preoccupied with looking young. There is nothing surprising with this phenomenon – human beings have always been self-conscious and have endured a lot to retain their youthfulness for many “social” reasons. No one is too old to start a skin care routine or start experimenting with makeup. When you look good, you feel good and vice versa. Looking your best improves confidence and self-esteem. As women in 50s or older, how you look and your skin care is still an important concern that you should not take for granted. The blessings of your senior moments are always something to be proud of. Beautiful skin, a beautiful body and a beautiful sense of style does not have an end once you hit 50s. Stay Beautiful in Your 50s and beyond.