Get rid of foot odor!
Besides being uncomfortable, smelly feet can be very embarrassing for the culprit foot owner, and somewhat unpleasant for those in close proximity. Stinky feet can affect both men and women but seems to be more of an issue for men. Depending on just how stinky feet are for guys, sometimes wives complain they can tell as soon as their spouse walks through the door, they can smell their feet before they see or hear them. It’s such a common problem that you will even see that there are surgical treatments for this complaint, but they should be the very last option for anyone to resort to.
Causes of smelly feet
The offensive odor is caused by bacteria that lives on the skin’s surface. Basically it’s caused by sweat, and the sweat causes the bacteria that causes the smell. It can also appear after having athlete’s foot. It could also be caused in part by your diet.
Tips to getting rid of smelly feet
Keep in mind that these remedies may work better for some people than others. For this reason it’s recommended to try out different options and see what works best for you.
- It’s important to wash your feet thoroughly and make sure you dry them properly.
- Sprinkle baking soda inside your shoes
- Put your shoes outside to air (when it’s dry)
- Do not use talcum powder. It’s not recommended because the talc just absorbs and holds the sweat and not get rid of it.
- Try an astringent like Witch hazel, it’s recommended as it closes the pores. If your feet are particularly sweaty You can use the Witch hazel to wipe over your feet and take a change of socks too.
- Soak feet in water with half a cup of baking soda for about 30-30 minutes
- Shoes that are plastic or synthetic should be replaced with shoes that are leather canvas or other natural material that allows feet to breath.
- Rotate your footwear. Don’t wear the same shoes day after day, rotate them to give them a chance to completely dry out.
- Overnight you can put laundry fabric softener sheet inside your shoes
- Soak your feet in black tea
What you need: A bowl to put your feet in. A large pan to boil water or 2 smaller pans. 4 or 5 tea bags.
Prepare in advance
Bring the water to a boil then add 4 tea bags. Leave them steep while the water is cooling down. Don’t use while water is too hot.
Soak feet for 20-30 minutes once or twice a week.
Some people get great results with black tea foot bath. all you have to do is boil a large pan of water on the stove and add about 4 or 5 tea bags, don’t worry about the brand just any store bought black tea will do.