Missing two shots consecutively can be a real downer for you when on the golf course. How many times has it happened, that you took a shot without even thinking about it first?
If it’s happened to you a few times or more, then you have probably got really good at beating yourself up about it. Just taking a rushed swinging at the ball is not a good idea. Obviously by doing this you will end up with a poor score. to make a good golf swing you need to be patient and calm, since these two traits always help while playing on the golf course.
Some professional golfers have shared their own experience and that of their fellow women golfers when they have taken hasty shots to find that it does not lead to one of the better games that they have played. I’m sure we all want to improve our swing and avoid this from happening to us.
Here are some tips for you to consider while playing golf:
Getting in the right frame of mind is huge. See if you are able to forget the chores that you still have to complete. Also put aside any problems at home or work and get into the zone. And, then you can think about the skills it takes to play a good game of golf. The way you hold the golf club is very important to the result you will get when you make your swing. He’s a few tips to try.
You need to have a firm grip on the club. This does not mean that you just hold the club tightly; it means you have to hold it properly as well. You should rest the head of the club on the ground in front of you with the shaft resting against you. If you are right handed, your left hand should be placed on the club shaft first.
Place your hand in such a way that the thumb of your left hand- is pointing downwards and the fingers are bent around the club’s grip. Make sure your index finger and thumb on your form “V” shapes while the index finger is pointed towards your chin.
On the thumb of your left hand, the palm of your right hand should be rested upon it. You should see that the new V formed, by the index finger of the right hand, points towards your shoulder.
You should not apply much pressure on the club; rather, have a light but effective grip.
On the takeaway, do not bend your elbow. Many women tend to do this, which is the wrong method to use. You can make a bad golf swing or even not make contact with the ball at all, when done this way. Keep your elbows straight till you swing the club.
Avoid quick reflexes after the shot, this can disorient the ball and you will end up losing out so follow through with your shot.
When you are about to make contact with the ball; don’t bend your wrist. You need to keep your wrist straight and swinging downward this will help you hit the ball into the air.
You should learn to flex and bend your body, so that you will gain enough power to hit the ball further.
While making a shot, use your whole body to achieve good performance. Using the hips for balancing and orientation as you do so. Also consider a golf swing training aid to help you perfect that swing.
There are other things to remember when playing golf that are not related to the skill itself but are important just the same.
• When playing golf you will probably be exposed to the sun for a long period of time, so be sure to apply a good sunscreen with a minimum of 15 SPF factor. Apply this about 30 minutes before going outside. For your face a 30 SPF would be better. Re-apply sunscreen every 2-3 hours. If you are wearing make-up use the products that have sunscreen added.
• Protect your eyes from harmful UV rays by wearing a good pair of sunglasses. You can still be in fashion with the wide selections available.
• Protect your head from the sun. Preferably find a cute hat that is also very functional. You don’t want to remember your golf game as that time you got sunstroke.
• Don’t forget that you may need bug spray or even try a bounce laundry sheet or similar, some say putting one in your pocket will keep the bugs at bay. It’s also good to have a packet of wipes with you not only for cleaning your hand but for getting marks off your clothes.
• Take a bottle of water with you and drink it as you go. It will help keep you alert, stop you from getting dehydrated and help keep you cool.
• Avoid playing golf in a thunder storm.
• And last but not least…Have FUN!
Whether you are a pro or a beginner, a junior or a senior by using these tips, you will be able to feel more confident on the golf course. As with most everything else, it is never too late to start playing golf. Once you are out there, you will realize that it is a great form of exercise and also a very fun sport to play. It’s an especially great way to keep fit and have a social life for those that are retired.
By Mary Barcelona